Game Replay: Soccer |
RALEIGH, NC – The last time NC State and Texas Tech met 20 years ago in Lubbock, Texas, history repeated itself on Saturday when the 16th-ranked Wolfpack went 27-14 in front of a sellout crowd of 56,919 fans.
First Quarter (6-0)
After the first game of the series, punter Shane McDonough He came in fourth place. Although the visitors tried to punt, the Red Raiders smothered McDonough’s punt and long snapper. Joe Shimko He recovered the ball in the red zone at the Texas Tech 13-yard line.
The package ran a trick game to run back with the ball clipped Jordan Houston He pitched the ball to the wide receiver. Thayer Thomas Who then passed to the quarterback Devin Leary In the end zone. Despite the game’s opening touchdown, it was called back due to an illegal layup downfield.
Kicker Christopher Dunn He converted a 29-yard field goal into three points. Dunn then doubled the Volpack’s lead with a 47-yard field goal with 3:27 left in the first quarter.
Second Quarter (20-7)
With 4:40 left in the half, the Packers recorded their eighth straight interception off a corner kick. Aidan White He intercepted a pass from the Red Raiders and returned it 84 yards.
After a 24-yard touchdown pass from Donovan Smith to Myles Price with 50 seconds left, the Red Raiders found the end zone all by themselves.
Third Quarter (20-7)
CJ Clark He recorded his second sack of the night after bringing down Smith at the Texas Tech 38-yard line.
Fourth Quarter (27-14)
With less than 60 seconds left in the quarter, NC State made a trick play when it found Thomas. Half sumo-caringbai 38 yards down the field for a touchdown, giving the Pack a 27-7 lead.
Texas Tech last found the end zone with 10:46 left in the game when Smith ran in from three yards out.
Leaders of STAT
KB Devin Leary
15-of-23 for 121 yards
WR Thayer Thomas
4 containers for 30 meters
1-of-1 for 38 yards, 1 TD
Breeder Jordan Houston
13 runs for 57 yards
LB Payton Wilson
8 containers, 2 single stops
D.L CJ Clark
2 containers, 2 bags
- White’s pick-six is the seventh-longest in program history and the longest for NC State since 2001 when Marcus Hudson returned an interception for 100 yards against Duke.
- Thayer Thomas He threw the fourth touchdown pass of his career and first since the 2020 season in the fourth quarter.
- Devin Leary He recorded his 6,000th passing yard and is the sixth quarterback in school history to do so. He finished the game with 6,040 yards for his career.
- The Pack extended their home hitting streak to 12 games.
- NC State improved to 5-2 in the series against Texas Tech, winning its past five straight.
- The last time the Pack started the season 3-0 was in the 2018 season.
- NC State has two interceptions in every game this season. Wisconsin is the only FBS team to complete three games plus two in each game this season.
The Pack will host UConn next Saturday under the Carter-Finley lights. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. and will be broadcast on RSN.