Virginia Tech football’s homestand continues this weekend with a conference clash against Wofford.
Kickoff is scheduled for 11 am ET and Limited tickets still available. Starting at $50.
Get ready for game day with five things to know ahead of Tech’s clash with the Terriers.
1. Wear white. This Saturday’s contest serves as the Hokies’ annual whitewash game. Fans can. Order this year’s t-shirt onlineAlthough shipping is not guaranteed before game day or pick up Lot 4 from the Hockey Shop trailer on Saturday.
2. Virginia Tech’s unique military ties are evident. Tech’s clash with Wofford is the program’s annual Military Appreciation Game, a pregame military salute and in-game recognition in partnership with the university’s Office of Veterans Services. There will be a pregame engagement ceremony on the field where the cadets will take their oath of office, the Corps of Cadets will hold homecoming festivities and join the Haiti-Tites for a pregame show on the field.
3. HokieBird celebrates his birthday. Fans are invited to join in the celebration and help the HokieBird ring on his birthday in style. Hokie Village opens at 8:30 a.m. and includes free cupcakes for Hokie Kids Club members, as well as a group singing “Happy Birthday” after the team arrives at Lane Stadium. The HokieBird will appear in the upper south end zone during the game, where the celebration will continue as he blows out the birthday candles.
4. Arrive early to park, welcome the team and enjoy the pregame festivities. All parking lots open at 7 a.m., and Beamer Way closes to traffic at 7:30 a.m. The Hokie Walk is set to begin around 8:30 a.m., and Hokie Village opens at the same time before closing at 10:15 a.m. There’s plenty to do at Hockey Village, including live music from the Back Alley II Band, food trucks offering coffee, donuts, cakes and more, a Tech men’s basketball tip-off at 9:30, and interactive activities like inflatables, corn holes, and giant Jenga. . The March to Victory will take place between Lot 5 and Lots 2 and 3 at 9:40 am.
5. Make sure you download your tickets and bring a credit or debit card. Following a successful implementation during the 2021 football season, Lane Stadium will continue to be a mobile-first and cashless destination when it comes to ticketing and discounts. Supporters are strongly encouraged Get the official HokieSports mobile app And download their tickets to their digital wallet before arriving at the stadium on game day to expedite entry to the venue.
Once inside, credit or debit cards will only be accepted at the concession stand for those wishing to purchase food and drink. There will be a limited number of prepaid cards that can be purchased with cash at the Hockey Shop trailer located in Lot 4 outside Lane Stadium.