To get TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3pm PDT; Register here.
Damn it, it’s happening: a bunch of TechCrunch crews are coming to San Francisco to wreak havoc with airplanes, planes, and other flying craft. Excited is an understatement. Lauren S. made us a TechCrunch Disruption user guide for all things entertaining, parties, and other cool with a curriculum guide. see you soon! – Christine And came
TechCrunch’s Top 3
- What is another word for the same word?Have you ever heard of a “fermentation farm”? Well now you have. Christine A synonym for the biotechnology pre-seed round, with big backer Andreessen Horowitz, the company plans to build giant fermentation farms where non-pharmaceutical companies can mass-produce bioproducts such as milk proteins.
- Rose by any other name: “Ads,” “sponsored,” whatever you want to call it, you can tell for sure that what Google is doing when you do a mobile search is specific sponsored content or organic search results. Ivan It has more.
- Legless for a long timeWe were promised a leg but now Ivan He writes that it could be another year before any meta-legged avatars appear in Horizon Worlds.
Startups and VCs
Even Indonesia’s largest landfills are reaching (or nearing) capacity, and the government has set a lofty goal of 30% waste reduction by 2025. Catherine. Waste4Change is one of the companies that wants to help by increasing recycling and enabling better waste management. The startup, which currently manages over 8,000 tons of waste annually, announced today that it has secured $5 million in Series A funding led by AC Ventures and PT Barito Mitra Investama.
And we have five more for you:
DIY: 5 Ways Disruptive Startups Can Beat OEMs
Or die He writes that founders of hardware startups have a particularly difficult time. Few technology investors take meetings, and building product pipelines is often an informal, even chaotic process.
Instead of relying on sales and marketing teams to build a customer base for hardware startups, Moore’s company began building devices that used the company’s technology.
“When you’re building a hardware startup, there’s no point in rushing,” says Moore. “Instead, start by making a single prototype that you can use to show OEMs.”
Three more from the TC+ team:
TechCrunch+ Our membership program helps founders and startup teams stay ahead of the pack. You can register here.. Use code “DC” for 15% off annual subscription!
Big Tech Inc.
Rebecca He got some face time with Sono Motors’ new Sion solar electric vehicle and Whoopi Goldberg (pictures to prove it). Although the family-friendly vehicle comes in at $25,000, Rebecca points out that the interior is more spacious than it appears on the outside, but any cupola in the back may not go down well with some American families.
And we have five more for you:
- More layoffs: Jagmet More about Momentive Global has announced layoffs of 11% of its workforce. If you’re wondering, “Who?” It is the parent company of SurveyMonkey. Real estate value technology company Clip Capital is also cutting its workforce by 27 percent, according to reports. Andrew.
- Prepare the popcornPeacock is making the “Real Housewives” franchise its guinea pig as it tests some new interactive features that provide viewers with extended clips and interviews. Lauren Reports.
- @ Don’t do it to meIn the meantime, he wrote on Twitter that the company is preparing a way to control who can mention them Aisha.
- He puts lotion on the robot’s skin: Brian TalkLab, which won the TC Sessions: Robotics pitch-off event a few months ago, reports that it has begun testing robotic skin sensors in hospital settings.
- Time, time, time, look what I amThe owner of fashion e-commerce site Shin has been fined $1.9 million for mishandling the 2018 data breach that compromised the data of millions of users. Rita He wrote.