Bob Odenkirk -Think of an action movie star who is in great shape today. Well, you will have many answers as the question itself is very simple. Now comes the tough part.
Think of an action movie star who is above 60 and still in great shape. Now your choices will start dwindling and they will revolve around Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and a couple of others.
But while answering this question, we bet you never thought of Bob Odenkirk! He was never an action hero, let alone someone who had a great physique like the names mentioned above. He is better known as an American actor, comedian and filmmaker with a regular physique but definitely not as an action hero!
Things changed when Bob Odenkirk was offered the role of a 50-something in the movie ‘Nobody’. Here is Bob Odenkirk’s weight loss journey explained in 9 steps which might even inspire you to follow in his footsteps.
- Bob started working as a writer for Saturday Night Live in 1987. But during the show, he started appearing in small roles in it.
- In 1992, he was hired as both a writer and an actor on The Ben Stiller Show. Thereafter Bob appeared in many TV series but never as had a memorable role. His real first breakthrough role came in the 2009 TV Series Breaking Bad where he starred as Saul Goodman, a corrupt lawyer. This role put Bob Odenkirk in the top rung of TV stars.
- Thereafter, he starred in many movies as a supporting actor but never as the protagonist. Things were going steady till 2021 when ‘Nobody’ happened!
- In ‘Nobody’, Bob Odenkirk plays the central character of a middle-aged man whose home is burgled forcing him to return to his dangerous former life. This pits him directly against a local drug lord. The film has already grossed over $57 million worldwide and is still going strong.
- While the movie was well appreciated by critics and fans, the most appreciated things were Bob Odenkirk’s amazing acting skills and especially his action sequences! Till this movie no one had ever thought that Bob also had an excellent physique. Infact, he performed all his stunts and did not use a body double anywhere in this movie.
- Bob Odenkirk’s weight loss journey began when he heard his role. Infact, when he heard the story, he was so impressed that he started preparing for the role right away. Thus commenced Bob Odenkirk’s weight loss journey.
- He immediately contacted 87Eleven, the famous action-design company who is behind the transformation of Charlize Theron (Atomic Blonde) and Keanu Reeves (John Wick). Confident that Bob Odenkirk’s weight loss journey won’t last for more than a month, the producers started searching for a stunt double, but Bob had a surprise for them.
- Bob teamed up with Daniel Bernhardt, a veteran stunt actor, and learnt the basics of on-screen action sequences. Daniel soon started moulding Bob and made him give up cardio workouts, cycling and jogging, but instead created a regime that included bench step-ups, jump squats and push-ups/ pull-ups!
- Soon the results started showing and the producers had to accept their folly. Bob Odenkirk’s weight loss regimen had effectively turned Bob into an action star who would do all his stunts himself!
Bob Odenkirk’s weight loss journey was also a physique-developing regimen. Here is what Bob did every day:
- 10-15 minutes of a bike ride as a Cardio warm-up
- 10-15 minutes of drills and 3 sets of pull-ups with 10 repetitions for agility
- Circuit training regimen consisting of 4 rounds & 25 repetitions of the Box jump, 4 rounds & 25 repetitions of Push-ups, 4 rounds & 25 repetitions of Squats, 4 rounds of 1 minute each of Abs exercise and finally 3 rounds of 3 minutes each of Boxing Pad work.
By the time Bob Odenkirk’s weight loss-cum-physique building journey was over, he had become fit as a fiddle. The audiences who had gone to watch ‘Nobody’ expected Bob’s stunt double to do all the action scenes, but were pleasantly surprised to find Bob himself doing all of them!
Bob Odenkirk’s weight loss journey has since become an inspiration for many worldwide. You too can achieve what Bob did by following a strict workout regimen. But here is a word of advice: Bob had Daniel Bernhardt, a very well-known fitness expert helping him throughout his journey.
So if you too are planning to walk Bob Odenkirk’s weight loss journey on your own, then taking the help of an expert is a must. Make sure you know the risks involved and only then embark on this journey!
When it comes to losing weight and becoming fit, Bo Odenkirk’s weight loss journey has no other match. Here is more about this 60 year old action hero and his inspiring journey to be become fit.