Illinois State University’s College of Business (COB) will host the 2022 Homecoming Early Career Achievement Awards. The Early Career Achievement Awards (ECAA) recognize young graduates who have demonstrated creative and responsible professional leadership, potential for future identification, and a commitment to serving others. One honoree is selected from each degree program.
This year, 18 recipients representing various departments within COB will be in attendance to receive their awards. These recipients will return to campus to accept their awards and share advice with current students during panel discussions at Illinois State’s Homecoming festivities.
Early Career Achievement Award winners must demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Graduated from one of the college’s business programs.
- Exemplary professional skills as demonstrated by entrepreneurial success, rapid promotions, industry recognition, or innovative practices leading to measurable results.
- Demonstrated creative and responsible professional leadership and ability to make a long-term difference.
- It includes the five principles of responsibility, integrity, respect, fairness and trust as outlined in the College of Business Standards for Professional Behavior and Ethical Conduct.
- He showed great commitment to serving others.
- Continue professional development through education or professional credentials.
2022 Early Career Achievement Award Winners
- Jhoanna Astudillo ’07, marketing and international business
- Richard “RJ” Barnes 14, Marketing
- Jerrod Campbell ’14, MS’16, Marketing – Integrated Marketing Communications
- Erin Dullard ’13, insurance
- John Goldscher ’13, BS/MPA
- Chris Halloran ’12, BS/MPA
- Frannie Hein ’09, human resources, minor in international business
- Matthew Hornback ’05, business administration and entrepreneurship
- Tyler Kirby ’07, Marketing and Business Administration
- Kevin Martin ’09, business education
- Warren McCarty ’09, business administration
- Renee Nelson ’13, Marketing – Integrated Marketing Communications
- Ben Owen ’15, business education
- Luke Peifer ’13, Mathematics
- Riley Phipps ’18, business information systems
- JD Schurter ’11, MBA ’17, Finance, Accounting and MBA (CMBA Program)
- Jonathan Strok ’11, Finance and Financial Accounting
- Kelly Tabor ’14, BS/MPA
Early Career Achievement Awards will be presented at a public reception in Caterpillar Auditorium during Homecoming 2022 on Friday, October 14, 2022, in State Farm Auditorium from 3:15–4:30 p.m. Please invite family, friends, former teachers and colleagues to join us and celebrate your success. A short reception followed by a short presentation celebrating the success of their first career.
Here’s a quick look at the 2022 Past Career Achievement Award (ECAA) winners.