NY Cannabis Insider Live, a half-day professional cannabis industry conference presented by the New York Medical Cannabis Industry Association, will be held from 1:00–6:00 pm on Friday, September 23rd at the Syracuse Rail Trail. A networking and cocktail reception will follow. A very limited number of tickets are still available for purchase.
Join cannabis business owners and other industry experts for an afternoon of practical industry insights discussed by thought leaders. There will be plenty of networking time to meet others working in the cannabis space. See the full list of panel speakers and topics here.
The schedule has been set for the half-day event on September 23. Attendees can expect to hear lively and informative talks on the following topics:
· Must have: Employment, Banking, Insurance and Security: Experts discuss the key elements to planning a successful cannabis business: employing a culture of compliance, navigating banking and insurance in an industry where those services are not readily available, and planning for security beyond cameras and alarms.
· Understanding Upstream: Farmers, Processors and Labs: This session will focus on the beginning of the supply chain: how do you start a growing, processing or laboratory process? What does this “upstream” landscape look like today, what are the biggest issues affecting these operations, and how does that benefit the future of the New Cannabis marketplace?
· Where is the help? Free to low-cost resources for cannabis entrepreneurs: Starting a new business can be an expensive undertaking, but you can get a lot of people and organizations to help you for free at low cost – if you can find it. Panelists will talk about these opportunities in NY and offer expert advice on keeping your startup costs as low as possible.
NY Cannabis Insider has assembled top New York State industry experts to speak on these topics:
- Elizabeth Eli Dutch
- Mike Golden High calling
- Mac Huber Beak & Skiff
- Shawn Kassner Kaicha Labs
- Aaron Loans UNIFI gardens
- Cheryl Murray Paul The JUSTÜS Foundation
- Dave Myers Cannaspire
- Katie Neer of the lantern
- Cecilia Walsh NYS Department of Labor
Space is limited and tickets are expected to sell out soon. Click here for more details and to purchase tickets.
NY Cannabis Insider Live events are attended by industry experts, lobbyists, and entrepreneurs looking to start their own cannabis business, as well as those adjacent to cannabis, such as legal, security, retail, banking, finance, construction, engineering, business consulting, and more. Medical professionals.
New York Cannabis Insider Live: Event Sponsors and Vendors
Sponsors and partners for NY Cannabis Insider Live events are businesses shaping the industry locally and regionally. Look for them at the event for advice and help with your cannabis business.
· The New York Medical Cannabis Industry Association, the conference’s presenting sponsor, has a mission to protect and serve patients in New York’s medical cannabis program, working collaboratively to establish a responsible, inclusive and competitive adult-use cannabis program.
· Canaspire provides the products, services and consulting that business owners need to succeed in the cannabis industry, from application to expansion.
· Syracuse University’s College of Professional Studies is a globally inclusive and forward-looking college that welcomes diverse students and students from around the world who have a Syracuse University degree, credential, certificate or educational experience.
· The Cannabis Workforce Initiative is a collaboration between Cornell University’s New York State School of Industrial and Labor Relations and the Workforce Development Institute. Its mission is to promote and support social justice in the adult use cannabis market by providing quality workforce development and legal education.
Lake House Cannabis wants to end the complex social stigma and make cannabis accessible by providing an elevated casual retail experience for adults.
· Chimera Integrations provides customized, future-proof security and IoT solutions to meet the unique needs of each part of the cannabis supply chain, from cultivation, processing, distribution and retail.
· NYSIF’s mission is to guarantee workers’ compensation and disability insurance for New York employers at the lowest possible cost while maintaining a solvent fund.
LaToya Monique LLC is a NYS Licensed Cannabis Retailer, Health Practitioner and LifeSpan Doula.
· Married Iguana Media creates content for all your cannabis branding needs
· Cova: Easy-to-use cannabis software that streamlines distribution management.
· Dutch: Order cannabis online from the best dispensaries near you.
Although sponsorships for this event are sold out, we are still looking for sponsors for our in-person conference in Tarrytown on November 4th. Contact Event Specialist Lindsay Wickham for more information.
As entrepreneurs and cannabis professionals prepare to move forward in the billion dollar legal weed industry, NY Cannabis Insider Live events allow attendees to learn about regulations, network, form groups and foundations, and develop business plans.