The first 500 fans will receive a Texas Tech football scarf.
After a slow offensive start, the Red Raiders (4-2-3) have scored eight goals in their last three games and led by two goals each. Macy Schultz And Ashley Williams.
Tech’s defense continues to be a bright spot for the young team. The Red Raider back line limited five different opponents to fewer than five shots, including allowing just one shot against Fresno State. The defense held seven of their nine opponents to three or fewer shots on goal.
Scouting mountain climbers
West Virginia (3-3-3) enters Big 12 play after being picked to finish third in the 2022 Big 12 Soccer Preseason Poll. The Mountaineers lead the Big 12 in shutouts (5) and save percentage (.850) by senior goalie Kaiza Massey, who ranks 12th and 37th nationally in those categories.
- Last season, the Red Raiders offense was primarily driven by the forward. Kirsten Davis. Now without a leading scorer like Davis, Texas Tech has six players with goals this season.
- Texas Tech took 48 more shots than its opponents. On average, Tech is holding opponents to 6.3 shots and eliminating 11.7 shots.
- Madison White He finished the season tied for Tech’s career goals-against record (0.90), third in career shutouts (22) and seventh in career saves (159).
- The Red Raiders boast a young roster, adding 10 freshmen. Hot man Kylie Bahr He is the only freshman to start every game as a freshman this season. Peyton Parsons Separation starts from junior Jillian Martinez In the middle of the field.
- This season’s captains are extremely high. Charlotte Teeter and fourth year senior Hannah Anderson. Teeter opened his season as a Red Raider by scoring a goal in the season opener against Troy. Hannah Anderson She scored her first goal of the season against North Texas.
- Red Raider back line and goalkeeper Madison White It has been a highlight of the season. Tech has allowed just five goals in four games this season.
- The Red Raider back line limited five different opponents to fewer than five shots, including allowing Fresno State just one shot. The defense has limited seven of their nine opponents to three or fewer shots on goal.
- Excluding the 2020 conference-only seasons due to Covid-19, Tech has recorded at least three shutouts in five of its six-game streak since 2017.
- Heading into Big 12 action this week, Texas Tech ranks second in the league in scoring average (.556), third in save percentage (.808) and second in shutout percentage (.556).
- Individually, Madison White Ranked first in the league in goalie minutes pitched (810:00), second in goals-against average (.556), fourth in save percentage (.792) and first in shutouts (5).