Woman overcharged, frustrated with lengthy refund process from Bellevue business.


BELLEVUE, Neb. (WOWT) – Two different 6 By Your Side tests provide results for Omaha area residents.

The first involved a special get-together with friends that left an Omaha woman with fond memories and shocking charges on her debit card.

After months of trying to get a refund, she called Mike McKnight and 6 on Your Side.

Have you ever been too angry to break something? A Bellevue business called Le Smash offers that opportunity, and a group of friends enjoyed a swing last July.

But the well-timed woman has felt frustrated ever since.

“I’m a young mom, too,” says client Monica Casey. “I don’t have a lot of time to go around and learn the legal system to hold a business accountable for my money back.”

After getting her debit card charged four times for one fraudulent incident, Monica made one chargeback when she went to her bank, but two more totaling $640 were unpaid since July 18.

6 News’ Mike McKnight contacted the business for a response.

Over the weekend, Monica got a response from the owner of the place.

McKnight: “You got a full refund for $640 within hours of talking to her.”

Monica: “Yes, 100%, and it only took me three months of constant trying, and one phone call from you.

Thanks to the refund, Monica’s faith in using a debit card no longer seems to be broken.

The owner of the business did not respond to Mike’s follow-up text about what happened.

The second investigation is a Century Link line left in the backyard of several homeowners.

The line brought Internet service back to life in a neighborhood of six yards near 117th and Prairie Lane in Omaha.

“I want this buried,” said homeowner Barb Flowers.

But you never know when the barb flowers.

“They say it’s because I can’t figure out the service request because it doesn’t go directly to my home and account.”

Down the line, another neighbor feels neglected by the cable installation workers.

“It’s on the road and it’s hard to mow,” Jason Stromquist said. “I wish they would go ahead and clean it up, bury it. It’s been a long time, almost five months.

The fence behind the flower house has been removed for more green space, but the removal of poles has kept it off the ground but is delayed by unburied cables.

A day after Mike McKnight of 6 News sent an email to the CenturyLink or Lumens corporate office, the flowers said a supervisor showed up and told them the line had been exposed for months, seemingly forgotten, and would soon be buried.

“And now at least we’ve considered it and they know the situation and the problem down the line,” said Barb Flowers.



Source link

Related posts

Leave a Comment

two × one =