To get TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3pm PST; Register here.
Have we told you that we love you recently? Well, we do. For March, and spring is here. Inhale and ice <የቼክ ማስታወሻዎች> Check the smell? Good heavens, what’s going on with this weather?
TechCrunch’s Top 3
- That’s good credit.If you’re a fan of DoorDash and credit card rewards, the delivery giant now has its own co-branded credit card with Chase. There are some nice perks that come with being a cardholder, but we’ll let you know. Aisha Let me tell you more.
- Elon Musk’s Favorite DayBy the time this hits your inbox, it may have already happened, but today is Tesla Investor Day. Kirsten He has an inside look at how they look and what to expect.
- Better late than neverRevolut’s 2021 annual report is out, and while Roman In the year While writing that 2021 is a while away, the report offers some exciting news for the company, including the financial app’s first full year of profitability. Pop the champagne!
Startups and VCs
Rad Power Bicycles specializes in popularizing electric utility bicycles for the consumer market. Rebecca According to the company, the next-generation RadRunner 3 Plus e-bike comes with several new cargo accessories that make it easier for riders to transport pets or haul groceries while riding.
Apopos e-bikes: The e-bike market in the US is getting a brave new player. On the back of a $7.4 million Series A funding round, Velotric announced this week that it is doubling down on its US expansion into privately owned e-bikes. Rita Reports.
Another punch for you with less bike content than you might expect from the entry above.
Dear Sophie: What options do I have to change my status from an L-1 visa?
I started working for my current employer on STEM-OPT, but lost the H-1B lottery four times. Thankfully, my employer transferred me to the international office and I am now returning to the US on an L-1 visa.
I have heard many complaints from my classmates about not being able to change employers on an L-1 visa. I don’t see myself staying at my employer for another six years, which is the estimated time until I get a green card according to my employer’s internal policy.
What are my options for changing my immigration status so that I can start working in the US in a year or two?
– Hardworking transmitter
Three more from the TC+ team:
TechCrunch+ Our membership program helps founders and startup teams stay ahead of the pack. You can register here.. Use code “DC” for 15% off annual subscription!
Big Tech Inc.
If you’re looking for a fun read and a reason to let out an Ike scream, look no further. ZachToday’s article. Zack talks to an unnamed former Microsoft executive who has to jump through a lot of hoops to get his life back on track after his post office address is changed.
Kyle It has three stories about – what else? – Open AI. Two of the new features include the Whisper API for text-to-speech transcription and translation and an API for ChatGPT, while the third, OpenAI reports, doesn’t use customer data to train the models by default.
Now, on the show:
- Don’t break the chainChainLink doesn’t want to leave Web 2.0 behind in favor of Web3, so the new platform allows Web3 projects to connect to Web 2.0 systems like AWS and Meta. Jacqueline Reports.
- Something to think aboutSoftware consulting firm Thinkworks has laid off about 500 employees, or about 4% of its global workforce, amid the ongoing slowdown. Jagmet He wrote.
- Tweet Twitter: Some Twitter users have broken timelines recently Ivan He went to find out why. Speaking of Twitter, Sarah It has some details on the Twitter alternative Bluesky, which is now available as an invite-only app in the App Store.
- A blessing for Biden?The US House Foreign Affairs Committee has backed a bill that would give Biden the power to ban TikTok. Amanda It has more.
- The sales force sagaElliott Management, one of five activists in Salesforce, has submitted its own list of candidates to Salesforce’s board. Ron Reports.