To get TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3pm PDT; Register here.
Hey TechCrunchers, Happy Friday. Because I hope this is your favorite time of day came And I’m delighted to present you with the news of the day, written by the wonderful people we are honored to call colleagues. If you were at TechCrunch Early Stage in Boston, we hope you had a great time. Haje is coming back from there, so it’s me again today. Let’s dig into it – Christine
TechCrunch’s Top 3
Startups and VCs
- Copy the real informationSingapore-based Betdata has raised $1.55 million to take a different approach to traditional data exchange methods by using artificial data to secure real data. Catherine Reports.
- Drive to something newAutotech Ventures is venturing into new territory with a $230 million venture fund that adds fintech and the circular economy to its investment strategy, he writes. Kirsten.
- Taking the leap: Founders Pledge is a London-based philanthropic initiative, where the venture capital arm of Pledge Ventures was launched. Mike To create a new ‘flywheel’ in philanthropy, he wrote.
- Listen to this: Brian Nura shares his first impressions of the headphone startup, which he reports has been hired by Massimo, the parent company of electronics giant Denon.
Pitch Deck Teardown: Honeycomb’s $50M Series D Pitch Deck
Startups raising Series D rounds may have hundreds of employees, tens of millions in ARR, and other proof points that show they’ve reduced risk, but they still need a pitch floor.
Honeycomb, which describes itself as a “debugger of live production systems,” shared a $50 million Series D round with TechCrunch.
- Cover slide
- Instant slide of data summary
- Problem slide
- The solution slider
- Competitive landscape slide
- Product category overview slide
- Client Landscaping Slide Part 1 (mostly modified)
- Client Landscaping Slide Part 2 (mostly modified)
- Market positioning slide
- Value proposition slide
- History/product timeline slide
- Go to the market slide in the middle
- GTM: Land and expansion presentation slide
- GTM: Game vertical slide
- Slide the center forward
- Group slide
- Question slide
- Closing the slide
Two more from the TC+ team:
TechCrunch+ Our membership program helps founders and startup teams stay ahead of the pack. You can register here.. Use code “DC” for 15% off annual subscription!
Big Tech Inc.
- Elevator dismissalRide-hailing company Lyft has confirmed it is reducing its workforce by 1,200 as part of a restructuring effort to “better meet the needs of riders and drivers”. Kirsten Reports. The penalty will affect the company’s employees, of which there are about 4,000, because it does not employ Lyft drivers.
- We learn something new every dayThe Linux Foundation formed a new organization to maintain TLA+. Kyle He wrote. If you’re doing one of those “learn a new word a day” things, here’s your lesson for the day: TLA+ is a standard “spec” language, created by computer scientist and mathematician Leslie Lamport for designing, modeling, documenting, and verifying software programs.
- Hit that.: Sarah Google is reportedly asking the court for a quick resolution to its antitrust legal battle with Fortnite maker Epic Games, a related group and state attorneys general. Plaintiffs’ ability to prove anti-competitive conduct.
- The four corners of the world, literallyThe Internal Revenue Service is sending four investigators around the world to fight cybercrime. Lorenzo Reports. Before you go, “Just four?” I’ll throw it out there that the IRS only had one in the past.
- Forbidden.Meta Content Moderator was trying to get the case rejected in Kenya, but now he has to check the case. The court ruled that Meta could be sued for illegal dismissal and blacklisting of moderators. Annie It has more.