Many of us will close out 2022 with the holidays leading up to New Year’s Day.
But come January 1, 2023, we’ll be back to normal habits and routines — caffeine? – and add on some new qualities like morning walks or healthy eating.
If that’s the case, there are a number of grocery chains, drug stores, and restaurant chains nationwide that will be open for business on January 1, 2023.
But check the hours of operation at your local store. Many will have extended hours and either open later or close earlier on New Year’s Day.
Also, with January 1, 2023 falling on a Sunday, Monday, January 2, will be considered a paid holiday for most federal employees. This means post offices, government offices and banks will be closed on Monday.
Stop and buy
CVS (Pharmacy hours vary by location)
Walgreens (pharmacies closed on January 1st)
Five Below (see updated store hours)
TJ Maxx (check updated store hours)
Home improvement and furniture stores:
Bed, bath and beyond
- USPS: Local post offices open on New Year’s Eve. Post offices will be closed on January 1st and January 2nd. Mail will not be picked up or delivered.
- FedEx: Ground and Express services will be closed on January 1. January 2, ground service is open but express service is closed.
- Government offices are closed on January 2.
- Banks: Most banks typically follow the federal holiday calendar. This means teller services will be closed.
- The New York Stock Exchange closed on January 2.
- Costco closed on January 1st.
- Trader Joe’s closed on January 1st.
- Aldi closed on January 1st.
- Sam’s Club closed on January 1st.