To get TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3pm PST; Register here.
TechCrunch’s Top 3
- Looking for more money: Mary Ann Stripe has followed up yesterday’s story by setting a deadline to make some additional information public as it reportedly tried to raise more capital at a reduced price. Look for more about this emerging story in Sunday’s edition of Mary Ann’s Exchange newsletter. Click here if you haven’t already received it in your inbox.
- No music for you.Google has revealed his music tracks and is now not sharing them with the world. Kyle He wrote. The search engine giant has developed an artificial intelligence system that can generate music from text descriptions, but reports that it “has no immediate plans to release it for fear of the risks.” Maybe if we all told them something nice…
- From the angel to the board roomTwitter founder Biz Stone is a board member of the new audiovisual startup Chroma, which Stone’s company started investing in two years ago. Sarah It has more.
Startups and VCs
The venture-backed UK start-up, which offers build-your-own computer kits and software for teaching coding and related STEM skills, has accused Warner Bros of copying one of its products and infringing its intellectual property. Paul Reports.
By any measure, Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff is a successful executive. In the year Starting from an apartment in San Francisco in 1999, he helped build Salesforce from the ground up, eventually building the Salesforce Tower, the tallest in the city. Ron Reports. He took the idea of running software in the cloud and developed it into a way of delivering software where most companies deliver software in a box or with pre-installed licenses. As Activist Investors Target Salesforce, What’s Next for the CRM Giant? (TC+)
And we have five more for you:
4 practical steps to turn your prototype into an MVP using no-code
Forget about dogs: No-code development tools can be a non-technical founder’s best friend.
Building a small viable product requires engineering and design skills. Now, Bootstrap founders can iterate without developers to keep costs down and extend their runway.
“Rather than trying to design a perfect and complete MVP release all at once, try to deliver value as quickly as possible and continuously improve your prototype,” advises Catherine Kostereva, Criteo’s CEO and managing partner.
She shares four strategies for turning prototypes into useful products with no-code:
- Receive a daily delivery approach
- Correct spell and decay
- Manage and resolve dependencies carefully
- Invest in continuous deployment automation
Three more from the TC+ team:
TechCrunch+ Our membership program helps founders and startup teams stay ahead of the pack. You can register here.. Use code “DC” for 15% off annual subscription!
Big Tech Inc.
Apparently, “AI that can generate art, text, and more is under consideration.” Kyle He writes today. He has been pursuing a class-action lawsuit against Microsoft, GitHub, and OpenAI that accuses Copilot, a code-generating AI system, of violating copyright law by allowing billions of lines of public code to edit snippets of the license without providing credit. ” Kyle lays it all out for you and notes that issues like these on generative AI are just the beginning.
If you’re enjoying HBO’s new zombie thriller “The Last of Us,” you might want to enjoy it a little longer. The show has been picked up for a second season after entertaining over 22 million viewers. Lauren He wrote.
Here’s your Friday Five: